Friday, May 16, 2014

A deadly combo: working at J.Crew and being a shopaholic

You know it's a problem when you just finished up three overnight shifts for a new rollout and your back to the store a day later to shop the new merchandise. 

Rollout: A slang term for the introduction of a new product; a rollout often refers to a significant product release, often accompanied by a strong marketing campaign to generate a large amount of consumer hype. (www.investopedia.com)

Working at J.Crew that past four years has been a great experience for me. I have learned more things working retail than anything I have learned so far in college as a fashion student. You just can't compare what you learn in a classroom environment to the real life situations. 

Thankfully, I only work in the factory store (outlet), therefore the prices are a tad less expensive than the retail stores. Plus, I get a pretty good discount on everything, including retail and their sister store, Madewell. You can see where this is all leading to.... feeding my addiction as a shopaholic.

This includes the fabulous pants that my dearest mother bought me today for when I start my internship in NYC! For more info on that, follow my other blog: The Intern on 11 Ave. 

I knew I needed nice pants to wear in an office environment, but they are all so boring. Khakis, black pants, and slacks are like death words to me because as a fashion major, we do not wear these for any other reason unless you are going on a job interview, and even that is difficult to accept. 

When I saw these I flipped over them and needed to get them just for the sake that they are still work appropriate, but are fashionable and give off a summer feel. Along with the pants, I also purchased a great summer necklace that will only be worn every day considering it can go with everything and anything.

Here are my purchases of the day:


The pattern is just great, don't you think?


Factory Printed Skimmer Pant retailed at $74.50
Imperial Blue


Pattern: Imperial Blue


Factory Butterfly Petal Necklace retailed at $49.50
Light Citron

                                                                         

You can understand now my daily struggle of working with clothes and accessories first hand. I love my job though. I have great bosses, fun co-workers, and an enjoyable position as a merchandiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment