Thursday, August 7, 2014

Throwback Thursday "Back in the day"

Everyone knows that 'Throwback Thursday' has been nothing but baby photos, and pictures from the weekend before. Is that honestly a throwback?

Before social media even was popular, there were actual things that are considered to be ancient for my generation. The truth....it hasn't been that long since these things have been around, but because of today's society and technology, it feels like ages ago since we have seen these things!

These photos below describe my childhood and it seems so long ago since we have all seen them.

All photos were found from Pinterest, enjoy the nostalgia! 


These floppy disks are being used creatively as coasters, but in reality these were as important back then as if they were our flash drives today. 



I remember having the shoe salesman size me with this. It is crazy to think that people actually helped you try on shoes not too long ago, and cared that the size would be right.




Play-Doh was the best invention, in my opinion. It was so much fun to play with.



When gas was actually affordable. This is a little drastic, but this was a LONG time ago and is crazy to think how far prices of come over the course of years.



TVs that had a back to it.....this is ancient, almost like Dinosaurs! Not quite, but these were the best things in grade school, when teachers would pop in a VHS in the VCR and play a movie.



My family shared a desktop computer in our house when I were growing up and this was always what my mom would say to my older sister after an hour of not being able to use Internet to make phone calls!



I don't even think these made past middle school classrooms... maybe the ones that were a little more high tech and were bolted to the walls, but these were on teacher's desks when I remember them. Who uses pencils anymore?



These were always the make or break of the day. When you would receive this kind of note in class or passing in the hallway. Cut the bull****, and give a straight answer. People don't do this anymore, when life was this easy.



Friday nights, you would see me at Blockbuster with a friend and one of my parents, taking at least 45 minutes to pick a movie, most likely a romantic comedy, and if we were lucky, we also got to choose one piece of candy at check-out.



These things though, don't make someone "retro," just because you lived life while these things were used or popular. It just means you lived through what is now not in today's society. 



My own personal throwback to when I was 5 and loving life!


Take a moment to think of all the things that you once relied on that now don't even exsist. How about the things that children now don't even know about....Think about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment